wtorek, 24 stycznia 2017

A day in American school








A long and attractive day!
Today we woke up as always at 6 am.
We ate our delicious breakfast and drunk coffee from Costa-Rica. Our school started at 7 am so we split into small groups and went to the classes. The first class that I took part it was biology class. The teacher was really smart and easy to understand so it was very pleasant to study and listem to the teacher. The lesson was so interesting that I even took an active part in it.
What is interesting about it is the thing that in the USA they have each class lasting two hours. Next lesson was physics where we made some lab and calculations. I found it very informative and intresting. Then my guide showed me how the drones work. I was really excited about it. Next the most interesting think was the IT classroom. Our school mates showed us the newest model of interactive drone glasses with which you can visit virtually different countries. It was very amazing and great experience to me. At the end of the day we had a show which was very very excited. I loved it very much. This day was long but unforgettable. Juri Kuzmoczka



Today, we had a possibility to be a Pompano Beach student for one day. Our day began at 7:15. We were split into groups and attended diferent classes. My first lesson was Math with Mr. Holly. What really surprised me was the fact that the teacher played music for his students. Also the lenght of the lessons was suprising -  one lesson lasted 108 minutes. I went to three more lessons: Psychology , School Association and English. Psychology was wery funny. The teacher told a lot of jokes connected with the topic and that helped students to remember it. The sentence said by the English teacher ,,You are a winner and everyone in this classroom is a winner" will stay with me for a long time. Students at Pompan Beach High School asked me about Poland. They were suprised that in Poland we read Huckleberry Finn and we have it in the curriculum. The whole school day went by really quickly. I'm so greatful to principal Thomas and the teachers that they gave us an opportunity to see how the classes are in the USA. After the classes we had lunch and then some games. Mrs. Krzemińska-Kaczyńska invented dancing on a newspaper. All participants had to dance just on a small piece of newspaper. When the music stopped we had to fold it into smaller and smaller pieces. We danced to the Polish song ,,Ona tańczy dla mnie". In the evening, there was a show prepared by Pompano Beach students. There were music performances, comedy shows and many more. The last gig of a school band was the best and I think I will remember it for the rest of my life. Everyone  started dancing and singing. I will never forget that day. Przemyslaw Zarotynski 




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz