wtorek, 23 grudnia 2014

Time to say Goodbye! Thank you!

Monday, Tuesday (15.12, 16.12) – Day 10th

Today I could sleep till 8:30 since we had to go to school by 9:30, so I was very rested. At school we said goodbye to all our host families, Principal, Ms Narus, Ms Carslon and all great friends we made here. I couldn`t believe that the time passed so quickly… we just came to Miami airport and now we were headed it again… We taught our hosts DZIĘKUJĘ, so we could be thankful in Polish this time. Full of great memories, experiences and hopes to be back one day and also have our Friends coming to Kraków, we set off to Miami.

Our wish was to do some final shopping for our families and our hosts let us do so.. We were visiting shops on one street, Lincoln I believe in Miami Beach. I bought some gifts for my friends, ate pizza and some ice cream.

Next at 14:30, we went to the Miami International Airport and a few minutes later we got into the plane to Frankfurt. It is one of the biggest planes all over the world! It is called Airbus 380, has 2 levels and about 500 places! The flight was very long. We took off at 17:00 and arrived at 8:00 in Frankfurt, but we were flying only 9 hours (it is 6 hours difference between Frankfurt and Miami) Fortunately, on every single seat was a small screen, so everybody could watch movie. Mostly, people were watching films, but I was only reading a book and sleeping a little bit.

After this very long flight we had to wait about 8 hours for plane to Cracow. It was such a boring 8 hours! I ate a lot of sweets, taught my friend Peter how to solve Rubik’s cube, buying some snacks and I was playing the piano at the airport but I was very bored.

Fortunately, flight to Kraków was very short – since 16:40 to 17:10 – 1.5 hours. Although I started reading a book I fell asleep and woke up in my city. I had to put on my jacket, because it was about 3-4°C (about 36-38°F) J. My mum, dad and sister Marysia were waiting for me. So other parents and siblings were. On the way home, I thought How blessed we are with all those great people we met in Pompano Beach, Thank you to all giving me an opportunity to be a part of the TEAM. Thank you to Ms Julia Perlowski and Mr Thomas for an invitation. It was a pleasure to play for you all and be a Pole abroad. I have made a promise to myself that when you come to Kraków I will prepare a special concert for you and show you my beautiful city around. Looking forward to seeing you here, My Dear American Friends.

By Tomasz (Tommy-this is how you called meJ) Ślusarczyk




Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz