wtorek, 9 grudnia 2014

Day 3 - Presentation

I woke up at 5:50 am, and was really sleepy. While me, and Tommi were preparing for our first day at school. We arrived at Pompano Beach High School just on time, so at 6:50 am, and we ran to the meeting point in one of the school rooms. Just as we were setting ourselves comfortable, Mrs. Narus told us to go to the library, for the Welcome Breakfast. It was great, all the staff, the teachers and guests were there, and before the breakfast started, all headmasters, and organizers gave small speeches, and introduced us to the summit. It was a special day for me, because I met Colonel Johnson, who is in charge of JROTC, here in Pompano Beach. I was really glad to meet him, and this moment started a great relation between US cadets and Polish Scouts. At 8:30 am, we had flag-raising, in the courtyard. Apart from USA flag, there were also: Polish flag, Italian, UK, Brazilian, French, Indian and many more. It was a wonderful ceremony, due to the fact, that the cadets were doing amazing stuff.

Later, we moved on to visit the campus, and school grounds. It was really grand and after walking there and back again, the fun started. My group went on the trip around inner campus, while Colonel Johnson invited me to come to JROTC HQ. Here we have started our international cooperation, between me and them. Colonel was that kind, that he made me the guest of honor here.

Finally, after our group has reunited, we started preparations, for the rehearsal of our songs, and dances. Well, I was suprised it worked out so well. The most exciting thing, was Tommi`s playing the piano.

The last part of our school day, were the presentations. There were 4 groups: Education, Governmant, Economy, and History of Conflicts. I had the last one, and I was so happy that everybody enjoyed it, and that they wanted to talk about it, even after classes, so I had a lot of listeners. From what the others told me, their presentations went good as well, and I’m proud, that we have shown Poland as a strong country.

Later a 3 pm, we had the main rehearsal of our songs, and dances, as well as the play about the dragon. For that I had to run for JROTC HQ to the auditorium, just to make it time for my part.

In the end, we had a lovely dinner, and from there our hosts took us back home. We were tired, but in a good humor. When I came back, I took a quick shower, and went to bed immediately.

So day 3, was our first taste of how American reality looks like, and we could actually make contact with students from the USA. And also thanks to them, that day was in my opinion the best so far, and we are still making more friends.

By Alexander Pikulski


















Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz